CAMBRIDGE, MASSACHUSETTS—A recent study conducted at Harvard found that consuming green tea has several health benefits, including weight loss.
It is noted that green tea is made up of leaves of camellia sinesis, these are really high in antioxidants, which helps boost your overall health.
The study analyzed the benefits associated with green tea and losing weight. The following are the benefits that the researchers found:
- Green tea consists of saponins, theobromine, and other vitamins that are great for your body and help you stay in shape.
- Green tea contains a compound called epigallocatechin (EGCG). This compound boosts your metabolic rate and reduces your appetite.
- Green tea consists of 10 times more antioxidants compared to other fruits and vegetables, which help prevent several diseases ranging from cancer to Alzheimer's disease
- They found that it helps fights off high cholesterol levels, and keep the arteries unblocked, both of which help prevent heart disease
- They found that compared to other teas, green tea is the best for your health. This is because it contains less caffeine and more antioxidants.
According to the study, too much of anything is bad for your health and moderation is key. The researchers recommend drinking no more than 2-3 cups of green tea per day.
If you are interested in losing weight and receiving additional health benefits, you should consider adding green tea to your daily diet.
Contributed by Larry Berman - Naturecastproducts.com