A special thanks to Lisa Cantkier, founder of GlutenFreeFind.com, your key gluten-free directory, for contributing this Fruit'n'Nut bar recipe.
- 2 T. Holy Crap Cereal soaked in 4 T. water
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 cups pure, uncontaminated oats
- 1/2 cup nut butter
- 3 T. walnuts, chopped (or chopped pecans)
- 1/3 cup dried pitted dates, chopped
- 3 T. raisins
- 3 T. dried cranberries
- 2 eggs (or egg replacers)
- 1/4 cup 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the eggs in large bowl.
- Add 2 T of Holy Crap Cereal soaked in 4 T. of water to eggs.
- Add nut butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, salt, and water to the large bowl and combine well.
- Stir in gluten-free flour, oats, nuts, dates, raisins, cranberries, and mix/combine ingredients well.
- Pour into 8 inch (approx.) baking dish sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread evenly
- Bake for about 15-17 minutes until edges become golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
Erika Weissenborn, B.Sc. FNH CHN for Holy Crap Cereal says, "These bars pack a powerful punch and are chock full of protein. Have one for breakfast and you will be starting your day off with all the sustenance you need! Also perfect for an afternoon snack.