Holy Crap is a favourite among athletes as well. Sunshine Coast local, Kyla Richey of Robert's Creek, BC , is on the Canadian National Volleyball Team and calls our cereals her secret weapon, giving her the fuel she needs for her intense training. She explains, “It's easy to add that necessary protein boost to start my day off in the right way.”
"Start your day with a healthy, energizing and metabolism-boosting breakfast. The key ingredient in Skinny B is chia, or Salvia hispanica L. This oil seed crop is considered a perfect food because it’s one of the few vegetarian sources of complete protein,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 1/4 cup (60mL) water
- 2 Tbsp (28 g) Skinny B cereal
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) cultured coconut milk (or cultured almond milk)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) unsweetened almond milk (or coconut milk, or other non-dairy milk of your choice)
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) packed washed baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 medium banana
- Handful of ice cubes
- Herb leaves and edible flowers, for garnish (optional)
- Pour the water into a bowl, stir in the Skinny B cereal and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Place all the ingredients, except the garnishes, in a blender and process until smooth. Pour into a glass, garnish with herbs and edible flowers, and serve.
Nutrition Facts for Spinach Smoothie