A special thanks to Lisa Cantkier, founder of GlutenFreeFind.com, your key gluten-free directory, for contributing this tasty no-bake recipe.
"These breakfast cookies pack a powerful nutritional punch and get you out the door on time. You can whip these ingredients together in minutes and have the cookies ready and waiting for you on busy mornings," -Lisa Cantkier
Makes: 12 cookies
- 1 cup (250 ml) old fashioned, gluten-free uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) your favorite nut butter (soy butter, almond butter, peanut butter)
- 6 T. (90 g) whey protein (or vegan protein powder)
- 2 T. (28 g) Holy Crap cereal
- 1/4 cup water (60 ml) water
- 1/4 (45 g)semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- If your mixture is too thick or dry, add a little more water.
- When all the ingredients are mixed, roll balls about the size of the palm of your hand, flatten and put them on a plate.
- Put the plate of cookies in the refrigerator for 2 hours uncovered. Yes, it's that easy.
Nutrition Facts for Nut Butter Breakfast Cookies