A special thanks to Kathy Smart, TV Host, Chef and Nutritionist of "Live The Smart Way" TV show - North America's first Gluten Free TV Cooking Show - for contributing this tasty breakfast granola recipe.
"The impact of eliminating gluten from the diet, even for non-celiac people is increased energy, sleeping better at night, less brain fog and a lot of people experience weight loss. The key to success is staying away from packages with a gluten-free label and focusing instead on fresh food,"- Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Makes: Twenty 1/3 cup servings
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) gluten-free steel cut oats
- 1 3/4 cups (453 g) gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup (225 g) Holy Crap cereal or Skinny B cereal
- 1 1/3 cups (350 g) almonds, whole
- 3/4 cup (100 g) sunflower seeds, raw
- 3/4 cup (100 g) coconut, shredded unsweetened
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) pecans, chopped
- 1 1/4 cups (300 g) peanuts, with skins
- 1 cup (225 g) walnut pieces
- 1/2 cup (120 g) sesame seeds, whole untoasted
- 1/3 cup (100 g) pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) agave nectar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) maple syrup
- 4 tsp. (20 ml) vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 250°F or 120°C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together agave nectar, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Pour melted coconut oil over dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add the whisked liquid mixture in and mix well.
- Spread the mixture out onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake in convection oven, stirring every 15 minutes.
- When the breakfast granola is golden brown and very fragrant, (about 1 hour), remove from oven and allow granola to cool on sheet pan.
- Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts for Ultimate Breakfast Granola