These flavor-packed savories made with Holy Crap cereal are a perfect make-ahead appetizer for entertaining. They're gluten-free and high in fiber, too!
"Sweet and savory, this is a great protein and fiber-packed indulgence. Perfect for your next get together, and much more exciting than cheese and crackers," - Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
Makes: 40 Ingredients
- 2 cups (500 ml) cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup (250 ml) grated green apple
- 2/3 cup (85 g) grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (104 ml) large eggs
- 2 T. (28 g) Holy Crap cereal pre-soaked in 1/4 c. water for 5 minutes
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl add cooked quinoa and grated green apple.
- Mix in cheese until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs and soaked Holy Crap cereal together.
- Add egg mixture to other ingredients and stir until evenly mixed.
- Add seasoning to taste.
- Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping T. each).
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts for Apple Cheddar Bites