Try our Chocolate truffles with Skinny B cereal recipe for a special treat. They’re gluten free and vegan.
“Think chocolate has to be unhealthy? Think again. The pinch of unrefined salt in these truffles makes them extra delicious.” Erika Weissenborn B.Sc. FNH, CHN
- 2 cups (500 g) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips (ensure no milk ingredients for vegan option)
- 3/4 cup can of coconut milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract/li>
- 1 cup (225 g) Skinny B or Holy Crap cereal
- 1/2-3/4 tsp (3 ml) kosher salt
- Cocoa powder for rolling (use coconut or finely chopped nuts for variations)
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate on low heat, stirring frequently. TIP: If you don't have a double boiler place a bowl inside a colander and place the colander over a saucepan of water on low heat, making sure the bottom of the colander doesn't touch the water.
- Stir coconut milk into the melted chocolate until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Remove from heat and stir in Skinny B or Holy Crap cereal.
- Refrigerate for an hour (can be refrigerated overnight).
- Once firm, shape into truffles by scooping out a teaspoon full at a time and rolling into a ball between your hands.
- Roll balls into cocoa powder or chopped nuts.
- Store truffles in covered container in fridge until ready to eat. They'll soften quickly at room temperature.